Employers are responsible for providing workers' compensation insurance coverage to anyone they employ or hire including cash laborers, helpers, or contractors unless those individuals are exempt or are already covered by their own workers' compensation policies. 

To avoid paying unnecessary premium for people you hire, please be sure to request a certificate of exemption or certificate of insurance with dates of coverage for the time period you will be employing them.  Forwarding BerkleyNet those valid certificates will ensure you will not be responsible for additional workers' compensation premium.  

Please log in or create an account to learn more about independent contractors.

Sign up for your web site account now